Thanks to funding from the National Lottery Awards for All fund we are setting up our first group for those with lived experience of refugee family reunion. We want this group to become ‘experts by experience’ and shape our work and that of other organisations. We are really excited to be able to have a way to really listen to people who have been through the family reunion process.
We are inviting all clients who are interested in joining the group to contact us.
What we need from those in the group:
- Share their skills, knowledge and experience to support others in their community
- Identify areas for improvement in the work of Together Now and other organisations and make recommendations
- Look at key areas for campaigning
- Advise on language and how Together Now and other organisations speak about refugees and refugee family reunion
- Provide feedback on Together Now strategies and plans
- To attend meetings and contribute
- A willingness to work in English and respect and listen to the views of other group members
What we will offer to those on the group:
- Support with getting involved in the project from an experienced worker
- Full expenses for any travel, food and childcare for attending the meetings
- Individual coaching from a professional coach to help with career development
- Support where we can with other professional development, references etc.
How it will work:
- We need 6-8 volunteers to join the group
- The group will have four meetings in person over the first year
- Some meetings will also take place online and there may be additional discussion via Whatsapp or email
- Group members will decide on priorities and the work they what they want the group to achieve
- An experienced group worker will manage the group and provide support to members
If you are interested in joining this group please contact us via Whatsapp or at email@example.com.