Together Now: Temporary criteria
- Have received their UK Entry Clearance visas for Refugee Family Reunion.
- Have all the necessary exit permissions and are ready to travel.
- Have no other means of funding their travel.
- Will accept any flight booking before the UK Entry Clearance visas expire including those with transit stops.
- The cost of flights is significant (over £500)
- Children or young adults are travelling alone or living alone.
- Families who are displaced (particularly those at risk of immediate issues caused by overstaying or those unable to access healthcare).
- Families who are at significant risk of immediate harm or urgently requiring life-saving medical treatment.
If we accept your application please note:
- You will not get to choose the date of your family’s flight (it will be before the visa expires)
- You will not get to choose the route or airline and we cannot usually get direct flights.
- It may take a few weeks to get confirmation that we are able to book for you.
Making an application
If you would like to apply for travel assistance we will need the following information. This can be sent by email to email@example.com or by Whatsapp to 00447929337837
- Sponsor’s BRP (front and back)
- Sponsor’s proof of income
- Passport(s) for family member(s) travelling
- Entry visa(s) for family member(s) travelling
- Exit visa(s) for family member(s) travelling or confirmation none are required
- Sponsor’s UK phone number (this should work in Whatsapp if possible)
- Sponsor’s email address
- Family member(s) phone number (this should work in Whatsapp if possible)
- Family member(s) email address
- Details of any children or dependent family member(s) not included in the travel assistance request
- Sponsor’s current address
- Confirmation of where the arriving family members will live.
- Details of any agency available to support with housing, benefits and other arrangements after family member(s) arrive
- Preferred departure airport and any possible alternatives
- Preferred arrival airport and any possible alternatives
- Any disabilities or medical conditions for any family member(s) that will affect their ability to travel
- Any other concerns about the travel, eg issues with airport authorities, family not having legal status in the departure country etc
Other sources of funding
Applying for a Refugee Integration Loan: Apply for integration loan
Applying to National Zakat Foundation: Apply for Zakat support
Borrow from a safe lender such as a credit union: Find a credit union