Voluntary role: Trustee
We are looking to expand our board and would like to appoint two new trustees. We are a small charity and our current trustees play various roles within the organisation, some taking a more traditional trustee role and some being more hands on with the work we do. All our trustees have good involvement with our case load as well as strategic decision making.
This is an exciting time for the organisation as we have recently seen a rise in the number of cases we are able to take on and in the types of work we carry out. This is in part due to new partnerships and grants received for our work. Our current focus is building our capacity and improving our offer to clients as well as looking at securing longer term funding.
What we’re looking for
Prospective trustees should be:
- Enthusiastic and have an interest in refugee related issues
- Willing to take an active role in the organisation
- Confident in taking part in meetings
- Competent with IT as much work is carried out remotely via email
We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with the following:
- Lived experience of the family reunion process in the UK
- Work or voluntary experience with refugees and asylum seekers
- Knowledge of income generation and development in the third sector
- Experience of developing relationships with businesses and/or partnership working
- Marketing and/or fundraising experience
Full details: Job description – Trustee
To apply please email a CV and covering letter explaining how your skills and experience match the requirements for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although there is no formal interview process we would like to arrange for prospective trustees to meet one or more current board members.