We’re currently recruiting a project worker and trustees to join our board. If you have any questions about either role please contact Amy – email@example.com
Job opportunity: Project support and case worker
Thanks to funding from the Big Lottery Fund we’re recruiting a part time project support and case worker. This role is to support our existing team of volunteers in providing services to refugees in the UK who are seeking family reunion. The post is on a consultancy basis from £125-£250 per day (dependent on experience) a day or two a week for six months. The post will be home based and location is flexible within the UK although North West is preferred.
Contract start date: October 2018. Some availability required for training in September.
Skills and experience required
- Experience of working with refugees and asylum seekers in the UK ideally managing a caseload
- Strong communication skills in relation to the client group and partnership working
- Good working knowledge of the asylum system in the UK and ideally the family reunion process
- Working knowledge of third sector organisations working with refugees and asylum seekers
- Working knowledge of mainstream support services eg housing, health and welfare
- Ability to work independently and plan and manage own workload
- Ability to monitor expenditure against a budget
- Ability to work with a range of external agencies
- Flexibility may be required for some out of hours working
For full details: Job description – Project support
To apply please email a CV and covering letter explaining how your skills and experience match the requirements for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 24th August 2017
Interviews to be held w/c 3rd and 10th September in Manchester or remotely as required.
Voluntary role: Trustee
We are looking to expand our board and would like to appoint two new trustees. We are a small charity and our current trustees play various roles within the organisation, some taking a more traditional trustee role and some being more hands on with the work we do. All our trustees have good involvement with our case load as well as strategic decision making.
This is an exciting time for the organisation as we have recently seen a rise in the number of cases we are able to take on and in the types of work we carry out. This is in part due to new partnerships and grants received for our work. Our current focus is building our capacity and improving our offer to clients as well as looking at securing longer term funding.
What we’re looking for
Prospective trustees should be:
- Enthusiastic and have an interest in refugee related issues
- Willing to take an active role in the organisation
- Confident in taking part in meetings
- Competent with IT as much work is carried out remotely via email
We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with the following:
- Lived experience of the family reunion process in the UK
- Work or voluntary experience with refugees and asylum seekers
- Knowledge of income generation and development in the third sector
- Experience of developing relationships with businesses and/or partnership working
- Marketing and/or fundraising experience
Full details: Job description – Trustee
To apply please email a CV and covering letter explaining how your skills and experience match the requirements for the role to email@example.com.
Closing date 24th August 2017
Although there is no formal interview process we would like to arrange for prospective trustees to meet one or more current board members.